मंगलवार, 21 जनवरी 2020

चिन्नन चिरु किलिये कन्नम्मा.... / सुब्रमण्या भारती (१८८२-१९२१)

https://youtu.be/cFlPgUsIiFs
Mahakavi Subramanya Bharati (1882-1921), had immortalised the little
baby girl - Kannamma, through his classic poem "Chinnanchiru Kiliye Kannamma"

Vocalists : S.Aishwarya & S.Saundarya are the Great Grand Daughters
of Bharat Ratna M.S.Subbulakshmi and the Grand Daughters of
Dr Radha Viswanathan.


Chinnan Chiru Kiliye

This poem is one of the greatest tributes to being a parent.
It explores the various emotions that parents feel for their offspring. 
The child addressed here may be the god Krishna for whom the poet 
had special affinity, but the child here could very easily be any child. 
Original:
Chinnan chirukkiLiyE kaNNammA selvak-kaLanjiyamE
Ennaik-kali theerthey ulagil Etram puriya vandAi
PiLLaik-kaniyamudE kaNNammA pEsum por-chittiramE
ALLi aNaittiDavE en munnE Adi varum tEnE

Odi varugaiyilE kaNNammA uLLam kuLirudaDi       
Adi-tiridal kaNDAl unnaip-pOi Avi tazhuvudaDI
Ucchi tanai mughandAl garuvam Ongi vaLarudaDi
Mecchi unnai oorar pugazhndAl mEni shilirkkudaDI

Kannattil muttamittal uLLam thAn kaL veri koLLudaDi
Unnait-tazhuvidilO kaNnammA unnatham,AgudaDI
Un kaNNil neer vazhindAl ennenjil udiram koTTudaDi
En kaNNin pAvaiyanrO kaNNammA ennuyir ninradanrO?


Translation:
O tiniest of tiny parrot Kannamma, o treasure trove of all wealth!
You have come into this world to rid me of all my sins and elevate me;
You are as sweet as the nectar of a tender fruit Kannama,
-You are a golden painting that has come alive.
When you come dancing before me, my sweet,
You urge me to pick and cuddle you in delight.

There is such peace in my heart Kannamma when you come running towards me-
My souls engulfs you every time you dance and scamper around me.
Oh! I swell with pride when I plant a kiss on your forehead-
My being shudders when people appreciate and praise you.

Kissing your cheeks accomplishes such great intoxication,
and each embrace grants such ecstasy.
But when a tear drops from your eye, my heart begins to bleed;
Are you not the pupil of my eye Kanamma?
And is my life not entirely thine?

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें