सोमवार, 20 अप्रैल 2020

रंगवती रंगवती... / प्रसिद्ध ओड़िया सम्बलपुरी गीत / शंकर महादेवन

https://youtu.be/wwC95PYM7Z0
"Rangabati re rangabati" is a popular folk song in sambalpuri dialect of odia language.The song is a lyrical conversation between two lovers.
The original song was recorded for All India Radio in 1970s and became widely popular at a time when transmission was limited to coastal districts and few sub stations in western odisha. In 1979/80 it became first song of India broadcasted in BBC London and VOA America .Most of the credit goes to the melodious music (written by Mitrabhanu Gauntia,composed by Prabhudatta Pradhan and sung by Jitendra Haripal and Krishna Patel.) and use of folk instruments (dhol,nishan jhanj and muhuri) which gave an instant flavour of odia roots and identity.
 It had become a show starter for any cultural function, a drinks break song at any international match in Barabati stadium, marriage procession , idol immersion. The song got official recognition with as it was played in republic day parade 2007 in Delhi as a part of odisha state tableau. The song has gathered immense popularity in Russia and South Korea cutting across nations, time and languages.
LYRICS :
Boy-Rangabati O Rangabati 
(O my colourful Lady)
Rangabati Rangabati kanaka lata
( tender as a golden creeper)
Hasi pade kahana katha 
(give me a smile and utter a sweet word of endearment for me)
Girl- Hai go laze laze o laze, laze 
( In my coquettishness )
laze, laze laze nai zauche matha go 
(I cant look straight into your eyes)
nai kara nai kara aatha 
(please leave me alone)
Boy- Sapana rajar sapana 
(You are but a royal dream)
ranir lagi suta mali helana guthan 
(a precious pendant strung in the queen's necklace)
rangabati rangabati
(O my colourful Lady)
Girl- e akhin asichhe kete sapana 
(You are the dream of my eyes)
eh jibardhan jibar jiban gala ratan re 
(The treasure of my heart, the life of my life You as my life and the jewel adorning my neck)
mane mali mahakana ho 
(You are the fragnance of jasmine, that seduces my desire and makes my heart dance with joy)
aha mor dhana kede milana 
(when you are with me , who needs friends or acquaintances)
chhana chhana hesi mana 
(I am eager for our union).

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें